Employment Visas | Employment Visa Immigration Lawyer | Green Card Lawyer

Approximately 140,000 employment-based visas are issued each year to qualified applicants according to the complicated body of United States immigration law. These visas are issued beginning on October 1st (the beginning of each fiscal year) and cease on September 30th. Employment visas are divided into five preference categories, depending on the facts surrounding the application. The categories are as follows:

  • E-b1 Visa
  • E-b2 Visa
  • E-b3 Visa
  • E-b4 Visa
  • E-b5 Visa

Application Process

Employment visas and other types of visas can be confusing and an experienced immigration attorney can help you by advising you of your options and guiding you through the process to getting the visa you need.

The application procedures will be different for each type of preference category. Generally, however, the applicant's prospective employer or agent will need to first obtain a labor certification approval from the Department of Labor (DOL). Once that is received, the prospective employer must file an Immigration Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). An applicant must present a number of documents at their employment-visa interview. For example, at the visa interviews, all applicants must submit certain personal documents, such as passports, birth certificates, police certificates, and other civil documents, as well as evidence that they will not become public charges in the United States. Additionally, completed medical examination forms must be available to the consular officer who will interview the candidate. If you are unsure how to go about the USCIS immigrant application process, a USA immigration attorney can help you! U.S. immigration law firms and immigration attorneys are well-versed in all areas of immigration law, and can guide you through the immigration process step-by-step, including, but not limited to green card applications, employment visa applications, work permits, student visa applications, visitor visa applications, physician visa applications, nurse visa applications, and other immigration-related issues.

What fees are associated with the application process?

The following fees are charged for immigration services: Filing of Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Form I-360, or Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, Form I-526 (these fees are charged by USCIS).

  • Processing an Immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-230
  • Medical Examination (costs vary from place to place)
  • Other costs may include: translations, photocopying charges, and fees for obtaining the documents you need for the immigrant visa application. For a detailed list of immigration fees associated with employment visas, please contact an experienced US immigration lawyer or immigration law firm.

Are there numerical limitations or caps placed on visas?

Yes. Immigrant visas are issued on a first come, first served basis, depending on which petitions were filed first. Limits vary depending on which type of employment-based visa is being requested.

Contact a USA Immigration Lawyer Se Habla Español

It is important to remember that immigration laws are some of the most difficult and complex regulations in U.S. law, and a competent United States immigration attorney is often necessary to interpret these complex laws. If you need help determining whether your claim fits under any of these laws, a USA immigration attorney or USA immigration law firm  can assist with not only services such as immigration appeals and USCIS applications, but also with work permits, family visas, student visas, physician and nurse visas, visitor visas, adjustment of status, green card replacement and renewal, removal of conditions, deportation hearings, asylum, removal hearings, and citizenship or naturalization.  Additionally, a USA Immigration Law firm or immigration attorney could help with employment visas such as PERM, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4, EB-5, Intra-Company Visas, Non-Immigrant Visas, H-1B, E, E-3, H-2B, O, P, Q, R, or TN. Call or contact us for a free consultation to discuss your immigration issues or questions.  For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced immigration lawyer, please fill out the form listed on this webpage. Immigration lawyers and law firms are available at all hours and will contact you to assist with any immigration concerns that you may have.