Last Updated: February 2010
What Type of Information Do We Collect About You, Who Do We Disclose It to, and How Do We Disclose It?
1. Personally Identifiable Information. We may obtain personally identifiable information about You only as a result of Your voluntarily submitting information as an an inquiry, providing us with information that You enter into the Web Site. We will only use this information in the following ways:
- To Subscribers: We will use it to identify the Subscriber ("Subscriber" is defined on the Terms & Conditions of Use page] in Your geographic area who pays for the exclusive right to respond to inquiries in Your respective geographic area and area of law concerning Your inquiry. We then forward that personally identifiable information to that Subscriber so that the Subscriber may choose to contact You or not. The legal services provided by Subscribers are NOT affiliated with any DotCO Law Marketing, L.L.C. Service or Web Site. Thus, the Subscribers are third parties and have previously agreed, in writing, not to share Your information with any other person and/or entity outside of their law firm unless they deem it necessary to properly represent You. Any third party to whom we provide Your information must agree to keep Your information confidential and not to share it with any other third party without Your permission.
- To User: We may store Your personally identifiable information in our own databases in order to assist or enhance Your use of our Web Sites or Services, which may include: providing you with information and offers that we think may interest you; to perform research on access to and consumption of legal services; and to evaluate your experience on our site; and make improvements to it.
- To Legal and Government Authorities: We will also disclose your personally identifiable information to proper legal and government authorities when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, valid legal process, a court order, a current judicial proceeding, or to protect our rights or property.
3. Non-personally Identifiable Information. This site also collects non-personally identifiable information. For example, as you browse this Web Site we may collect information about your visit, but not about you personally. Via Web server logs, for example, we may monitor statistics such as: the number of people that visit our site; which page(s) are visited on our site; from which domain our visitors come (e.g., AOL.com, Hotmail.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to visit our site (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FireFox, etc.). We may make these statistics available to third parties, but in no event or manner will this type of information personally identify You.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable measures to protect Your information on our servers. Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online (such as through an email message or through filling out an online form), this information cannot be made 100 percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected, and used by others.
If You have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, You may write us at:the address below. You may opt-out by writing to us requesting to Opt-Out of our Service. This Opt-Out does not apply to communications we have with You to complete Your Opt-Out request or to provide the service You requested. Understand, however, that, by electing this option, You may limit the functionality of this Web Site and the amount of information and services we can supply to You. You may revoke Your opt-out option at any time by writing to us at the address below.
DotCO, Law, L.L.C.
1811 Bering Drive
Houston, Texas 77057