Visa Waiver Program | Visa Waiver Lawyer | Immigration Waiver of Visa Attorney | Immigration Law Firms

The Visa Waiver Program was instituted by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This program allows citizens of certain countries who are traveling temporarily to the United States, for pleasure or for business, to enter the country without obtaining a non-immigrant visa.

If you think you may be eligible to enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, but are not sure, an experienced Immigration Attorney can help you.

Citizens of the following 35 countries fall under the Visa Waiver Program:

  1. Andorra
  2. Australia
  3. Austria
  4. Belgium
  5. Brunei
  6. Czech Republic
  7. Denmark
  8. Estonia
  9. Finland
  10. France
  11. Germany
  12. Hungary
  13. Iceland
  14. Ireland
  15. Italy
  16. Japan
  17. Latvia
  18. Liechtenstein
  19. Lithuania
  20. Luxembourg
  21. Malta
  22. Monaco
  23. The Netherlands
  24. New Zealand
  25. Norway
  26. Portugal
  27. San Marino
  28. Singapore
  29. Slovakia
  30. Slovenia
  31. South Korea
  32. Spain
  33. Sweden
  34. Switzerland
  35. United Kingdom

Foreign nationals of the 35 countries listed above may utilize the Visa Waiver Program once they have received an authorization to travel through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Applicants must have a passport valid for six months beyond their expected stay in the United States, unless a country-specific agreement provides for an exception.

Can an applicant do business or study in the United States under the Visa Waiver Program?

No. Working or studying under the Visa Waiver Program is not permitted. However, Visa Waiver Program participants who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico, or an adjacent island will likely be readmitted to the United States for the remainder of their original admission period.

Can a foreign national change his/her status under the Visa Waiver Program?

A foreign national who enters the United States under the Visa Waiver Program will not be allowed to charge his/her status or extend his/her stay in the U.S. However, in the event that a foreign national enters under the Visa Waiver Program and later decides to marry a U.S. citizen, he/she may file for permanent residency without having to leave the country.

Contact Us

If you are a citizen of one of the above listed countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program and are seeking entry to the United States, please fill out the questionnaire below and an experienced Immigration lawyer will contact you regarding your particular immigration matter. There is no obligation created by your submission of information. Immigration lawyers and law firms are available at all hours and will contact you to assist with any immigration concerns that you may have.